Sunday 21 September 2014

Review // Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm

Chapped lips are the bane of my existence. I don't know if it is because I don't drink enough water or I am lacking some random vitamin, but I always seem to get dry, cracked lips. Through winter I am continually applying lip balm to give my lips the moisture they need. However, it never seems enough. My lips always absorb the moisture really quickly without making much of a difference. The only product that has helped my lips in the past is Lucas Paw Paw Ointment, which I continually apply over and over again. 

I have heard rave reviews about the Nuxe Reve De Miel ultra nourishing lip balm across the blogging and YouTube world, so I thought I would give it a whirl. I picked it up last week at Priceline for $15 and have already seen a difference in my lips. The first thing I noticed was the delicious smell, which is a mix between honey and orange. The listed ingredients include honey, plant oils, shea butter and grapefruit essence. These are the perfect ingredients for nourishing and smoothing dry lips. 
The product itself is very thick. This can make it difficult to apply, but a solution to this is swirling your finger in the pot a few times to warm up the balm and then apply to your lips. I don't mind the thickness of the formula, as it feels nourishing and gives an extra layer of protection against the elements. The balm acts as a great morning and night time treatment for my lips and I can still feel the product on my lips a few hours after application. The lip balm is also great for using as a base to other lipsticks or glosses, especially matte formulas. 
Overall, I am very impressed with the Reve De Miel lip balm, and I feel like this will be a staple in my makeup bag for years to come.

Have you tried the Reve Del Miel lip balm?

No comments:

Post a Comment